We stand firmly for inclusion and actively work to maintain equality in our workspace. Our policies and culture are built on equal respect, especially gender diversity. Our overall company gender diversity currently stands at about 45%, and our leadership diversity ratio is around 39% (director and above); best in class in corporate India.
- We’re back in growth mode and have closed over 170 full-time openings in the first half of 2022, with over 50% of those hires being women and individuals from other under-represented communities
- WeWork India was awarded the best organization for women empowerment in the Exchange4Media PR and Corp Comm Women Achievers Awards 2021, which is a recognition of our exemplary results in ensuring women’s safety and empowerment
Diversity and Inclusion are always at play
Diversity and Inclusion are more than just a "nice to have" concept. It's a critical business driver.
- We believe that our actions speak louder than words and we are proud of our inclusive people policies. Our Medical insurance coverage includes partners of our LGBTQ+ employees. We have also extended our maternity leave to the primary caregiver to make it gender-neutral. We provide two months of paternity leave which can be used until six months from the baby's birth. This allows fathers at WeWork to spend time at home and help in raising their children.
We have added various enhancements to our medical insurance:
- Widow/widower cover
- Infertility cover
- Maternity cover
- All mothers (birthing, adoptive or foster) get 26 weeks of paid maternity leave. Additionally, employees are applicable for the below leaves:
- Tubectomy: 14 days
- Miscarriage: 42 days
- Adoption: 182 days of leave for the primary caregiver
- Childbirth: 182 days for the mother
- Surrogacy: 182 days of leave for the primary caregiver
- Women provide mentoring and receive mentoring through WeWork India’s Guru programme, which helps them develop the necessary skills and capabilities aligned to their aspirations
- We launched Woman Networking Events to provide our Women with strong support networks and an opportunity to form new and strengthen existing connections with other women at WeWork
- We started a practice of Ally Awards to recognise allies - collaborators, mentors, and advocates who promote equity and drive inclusion in the workplace for women
- Company-wide Prevention of Sexual Harassment, Diversity & Inclusion sensitisation and financial wellness training is held regularly to create awareness and provide the right tools for empowerment
- We believe representation matters. Interviewer panels include at least one woman interviewer. Mandatory interview skills training is conducted regularly to elevate awareness around biases and drive fairness and consistency in the hiring process
Workspace that’s built for you
- To reflect inclusion in our workplace design, we have gender-neutral bathrooms across most buildings. Approximately 75% of all our buildings pan India have a new mother’s room to support feeding needs after childbirth
- We also partnered with Klay to provide parents and returning mothers with a supportive creche facility
- Free sanitary napkins/tampons are available in the restrooms
- 24/7 x 365 confidential counselling support, face to face, online or telephonic, is offered via 1to1 Help, through our Employee Assistance Platform
- The referral bonus payout is 1.5 times for diverse candidates who get selected (any strand of diversity - Gender, Person with disabilities, LGBTQ+)
- Compensation parity - equal pay for equal work is a principle we follow in our rewards process, and we do regular internal checks to ensure there are no disparities
- Quarterly gender diversity reports reviewing headcount, promotions, attrition, department and levels.
We have given scholarships to 5 women (42% of the total granted scholarships) as part of the WeWork India Further Education program in 2022 to enable women to study while they pursue their careers at WeWork India.
To know more, reach out to us at email@example.com